Our traditional season finale was once again the Score-O on Mt Royal. This year with 50 controls, a time limit of 2.5 hours, and special Rambler controls. Despite the wet conditions we had a great turn out, including some runners as far as Ottawa.
The course had 5 “Rambler” controls, which were distributed in 5 different sections of Mt Royal. Orienteers who collected all 5 “Rambler” controls did the “full ramble” on the mountain and received extra points. Great that many participants went for the long run (9 of 46 women, 41 of 73 men, and 10 of 36 teams).
Thanks to course setter Sven von Fellenberg for making all this happen, the volunteers and all the participants for coming out, it was a blast. Until next time!
The Winners of each category are listed below:
(The full results are here.)
1. Francis Falardeau 1:49.40
2. Thomas Kneubühler 1:49:51
3. Alexander Bergstrom 1:53:35
1. Mette Ozol 760 pts
2. Aurore Varela 720 pts
3. Lucie Desfontaines 610 pts
1. Blaze (Youri + Louis Simon Capistran) 730 pts
2. Bull’s head (David Leclair & Carl Pearson) 710 pts
3. Princess Casey (Andrew, Casey (2) Rhodes & Zou Tingting) 680 pts
1. Eric Crotty 620 pts
2. Sean Meath 600 pts
3. Paul Vlassov and Frédéric Marin, both 570 pts
1. Elly Trépanier 600 pts
2. Eliane Beauvais, Laurie Desilets Trudeau, and Jennifer Strudwick
(all 340 pts)
+ some photos:
+ The full set of photos are here!
(thanks to Anna Fichman)